Connect with Dr. Sanjay Prasad:
About the Guest:
Sanjay Prasad, MD, FACS
CEO of SurgiPrice Inc., and subsidiaries SurgiQuality and SurgiConnect
Sanjay Prasad, MD, FACS graduated magna cum laude in Biochemistry from the University of Maryland. He then attended Johns Hopkins affiliated hospital to complete a surgical internship. From here, Sanjay completed residency in Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (Ear, Nose & Throat) at Georgetown University Hospital. Sanjay continued with his studies and completed three fellowships at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Neurotology, Cranial Base Surgery and Advanced Head & Neck Oncologic Surgery.
After his training, Sanjay started a solo private practice, Metropolitan NeuroEar Group, in the Washington DC area. He dedicated the first 25 years of his career to otology, neurotology and cranial base surgery. Many patients would come to Sanjay for help with hearing loss, vertigo, acoustic neuroma, cholesteatoma, glomus tumor, mastoiditis, Meniere’s disease, stapedectomy or cochlear implant surgery and skull base meningiomas.
In addition, Sanjay has published several articles, is an in-demand speaker and is a clinical assistant professor at George Washington University Hospital.
Sanjay decided he wanted to help improve healthcare and founded SurgiPrice, Inc. and subsidiaries SurgiQuality and SurgiConnect in 2014. His mission has always been to educate patients about their condition and help patients avoid unnecessary surgery and, when necessary, help patients connect with best-in-class surgeons who operate in a cost-efficient manner.
About the Episode:
In Episode 13 of Entrepreneur Rx, I have the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Sanjay Prasad, a surgeon, and physician with over 30 years specializing in Neurotology and Otology. Sanjay is the CEO of SurgiPrice, SurgiQuality, SurgiConnect, and the author of Resetting Healthcare.
Sanjay shares his background, how his companies allow patients to choose their surgeon based on quality scoring, what his company is focusing on now, his monetization strategy, and advice for others interested in becoming entrepreneurs. His insightful and enlightening discussion is one you won’t want to miss.
Entrepreneur Rx Episode 13:
- The system is not working on behalf of the patients, some patients are even getting surgery they don’t need.
- Quality measures can help reduce malpractice lawsuits.
- Racial inequalities must be addressed in healthcare.
- Covid-19 has changed the way people see and use healthcare, businesses must learn how to adjust.
- Don’t be afraid to make your own market, follow you passion.
- The world needs fixing, the opportunities are endless, no matter what the field.
- Connect and follow Sanjay on LinkedIn.
- Learn how SurgiQuality helps its consumers maximize their benefits when they need surgery.
- Understand how SurgiConnect contracts with self-insured employers to help manage surgical care.
- See how SurgiPrice helps both employers and employees.
- Purchase Sanjay’s book Resetting Healthcare.