INGREDIENTS OF OUTLIERS: WOMEN GAME CHANGERS
Description: While many of us can quickly name five top-achieving men of our time, many of our forefathers, and a glut of masculine trail blazers, the gap certainly exists between the presence of accomplished, world-changing career women, and the availability of books which represent their powerful voice and life giving stories.
This book is a kaleidoscope look at the lives of women who have humbly and tenaciously pushed past bristly beginnings and daunting opposition to improve systems and circumstances for those in their midst. They have defended the innocent, nurtured selflessly, and proceeded graciously, yet fearlessly past what they thought was possible. Dr. Shufeldt gathers their insights and advice through thought-provoking interviews and uncovers expert tips, and the potent truths that carried these women beyond their wildest expectations.
The women in this book include:
- Award-winning novelist Jane Hamilton, who reveals how she was discovered, writing from an apple orchard in Wisconsin and became the author of The Book of Ruth and A Map of the World, which selected as part of Oprah’s Book Club.
- World renowned environmental journalist, wildlife photographer, and TEDx Presenter, Sharon Guynup, whose investigatory pieces on wildlife conservation have been published in publications like The Smithsonian, National Geographic, and USA Today, exposing human health and endangered species issues
- Mentor, philanthropist, Attorney-CPA and 2014 Arizona Gubernatorial Candidate, Christine Jones, who served as Chief Counsel for the world’s largest domain registrar, advocating for policy that would make the internet a safer for children
- Passionate full-time physician assistant, mother of nine, and former star of WEtv’s Raising sextuplets Jenny McClendon, who balances a career and medical missions, while keeping family as her top priority
- Prolific humanitarian, minority student advocate, physician leader in the field of ophthalmology and academic, Mildred MG Olivier, MD, who is known for her work in Haiti and expert panelist appearances on the Dr. Oz Show.
- Attorney and Former Iowa State Chief Supreme Court Justice Marsha Ternus, who began as a bank teller and became the first woman to serve as chief justice in Iowa’s highest court, and fought for children and those lost in the justice system, remaining active in her community and family.
Read now and take advantage of the opportunity to get to know this diverse group of accomplished women, and let their expertise and leadership pave the path for your pursuit of excellence. Join the ranks of the women outliers who embody empowerment and strive after greatness.